You have to put yourself first sometimes and make time for yourself. The last couple of months my mood had been down and I was doing as much as I could to keep a high vibrational frequency and to make the most of each day. I used ‘keeping busy’ as a distraction from my negative thoughts and used these things to work towards things that I wanted out of life.
- Laughter: I like to watch comedies either online or on television. Laughter is good for the soul and makes you feel so much better and even youthful. You should never waste an opportunity to laugh out loud and enjoy the moment.
- Music: This affects moods of the person so make sure that you’re listening to your favourite genre or song that puts you a positive mood especially if you are doing a chore that you dislike such as cleaning, driving to the airport to pick someone up.
- Colours: By wearing or surrounding yourself with vibrant or soothing colours I think can also affect your mood. Anything like yellow, orange, blues.
- People: Try and be around with positive people who have lots of energy and different interests to you so you are able to experience new things. Doing the ‘same old’ gets boring and predictable and you sometimes need to be out of your comfort zone for excitement. Stay away from negative attitudes or people who bring your emotions down.
- Scents: My sister has an interest in Peter Alexander scented candles and they just really smell delicious, adding a beautiful aroma to the room. I’ve never been big on candles but it inspired me to go out and get a vanilla bean scented candle and I find that it makes me calm my nerves and relax. You can also use oil burners for this effect. I would also recommended other scented herbs such as rosemary, lavender and basil that you can hang around the home.
- Water: As hydrophobic as I can be at times, having a relaxing bath or shower or swimming in a pool always lifts my spirits. For the water lovers, I would recommend water sports and to get out and about in it. Swimming, jetskiing or wakeboarding…whatever you fancy. The smell, taste and feel of the sea is always refreshing and brings you closer to nature.
- Inspiration board of ‘self”- I think sometimes we lose track of the things that we want and who we are and can forget sometimes about the things we enjoy that do brighten our mood. So you could paste pictures of the goals you want to achieve by the end of the year, things/interests that make you happy or just anything that lifts your vibrational frequency to a positive. By making an inspiration board for yourself and looking at it a few times a day can remind and help us manifest these ideas into our lives so they do become a reality.
- Taking on an ‘attitude of gratitude’. Sometimes you have to sit down and try and look at things differently. Whether it be of a situation or person, you are constantly learning new things about the world and your place in it everyday (whether they are good experiences or bad). Be thankful for these things because they are insightful.
- Random acts of kindness: I think we can all appreciate when we have been stuck in a time of need and have a random stranger help us. I think these acts give me confirmation that the world isn’t just fill of selfish people and I think that being ‘one of these good samaritans’ helps bring light to the world and people’s lives. You also feel better for helping someone, just as long as you don’t put yourself out.
- Make a travel size book or positive affirmations cards to carry around with you. These can be daily reminders that you can pull out and read.
- Take on a new hobby: Something that you are interested in learning about. I took on some courses such as photoshop and web development which also assets to have on my resume.
- Fitness: Eating healthy and exercising can have such positive results on body and mind. I really think some people take this for granted. This also helps you boost your confidence level and shopping for clothes becomes less of an issue.
- Mantra: There’s power in the word. Find a mantra that makes you happy and repeat it a few times a day when you need to. It helps you readdress your focus on the things that you should be.
- Never resist a negative thought. You should always recognise the emotion, accept it and know why you are feeling the way you do and then move on. You will also learn more about why you feel the way you do and what triggers it. By suppressing negative emotions can often lead to worse effects.
To sum it up, being in a good mood attracts good people, experiences and good things. Being happy is not an easy task at times and can be exhausting because you cannot control everything but one thing for certain is you can control how you ‘feel’ and how you perceive things in your life. Hope this post helps 🙂